Gaia Project – Settings
There are currently four settings that can be activated by a player. Those settings enable the game to make moves in your stead. Here are the current settings:
The game will automatically accept, decline, or give you the choice of whether to accept a charge.
- The first option will automatically decline the charge if there's any cost.
- The second setting will automatically accept the charge if there's no cost.
- The other settings will automatically accept the charge if the cost doesn't exceed what is indicated by the setting.
This setting will help you avoid wasting victory points:
- It will not pay anything once you passed in the final round.
- If you've passed in an earlier round, the game will simulate your next income phase.
- If it turns out that you're already fully charged (all tokens will end up in bowl 3), it will decline to pay for any charges.
- If it turns out that you need fewer charges than what you're being offered, the game will always ask you.
There are some particulars for Taklons and Itars:
- For Itars, the choice will always be given if the charge would make tokens end up in area 3. To disable this behavior, enable the "Automated charge to area 3".
- For Taklons, in case of a Planetary institute and multiple offers, the choice is always given unless the "Automated brainstone" setting is enabled.
- For Taklons, if the brainstone can end up in area 2 or 3, the choice is always given unless the "Automated brainstone" setting is enabled.
Like the previous setting, "Charge Up" will automatically accept, decline, or give you the choice of whether to accept a charge - and will also avoid wasting charges in the same way.
"Charge Up" will accept all power charges until you have a certain amount of power to spend, e.g. 4 power if you intend to use the board action that gives you 2 ore for 4 power.
If you use both settings, "Charge Up" will take priority. For example, if "Charge Up" is 4 and "Auto Charge" is set to decline if it costs anything, then you'll charge up to 4 (regardless of cost) and then decline all charges that cost victory points.
The game will choose the order of power charge & gain tokens in the income phase. The priorities are, in order:
- That no charge is wasted. If a charge had been wasted, trigger a gain token event first.
- That the maximum amount of power tokens end up in bowl 3.
This setting is exclusive to the Taklons. The game will always give priority to charging the brainstone as high as possible. When the planetary institute is in play, charge first, unless this would waste one or more charges.
Automated charge to area 3
This setting is exclusive to Itars. It affects the automated charge setting. The game won't stop to ask before tokens end up in bowl 3. The reason for this setting is Itars may want to keep tokens in bowl 2, in order to burn them.
Don't enable "Automated income" if you plan on burning tokens, because "Automated income" will charge tokens as high as possible.